Friday 22nd December 2023
Dear Links Families,
As we reach the end of another enriching term, I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your continued support and collaboration in fostering a positive learning environment for our children. It has been a rewarding journey filled with growth, exploration, and achievement.
Throughout the term, we have witnessed the remarkable progress and development of each child. Their curiosity, resilience, and enthusiasm for learning have truly been inspiring. Our dedicated team of educators has worked tirelessly to create engaging lessons, provide individualised support, and cultivate a sense of community within the classroom.
We have celebrated successes, overcome challenges, and embraced the spirit of learning together. Your involvement in your child's education, whether through parent-teacher conferences, school events, or simply engaging in conversations about their day, plays a crucial role in their overall success.
I want to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to all the staff at Links for their hard work and commitment this term. In particular I would like to say a personal word of thanks to Mrs Anderson and Mrs Murray for their fantastic leadership of the school. The way they have responded to their additional responsibilities as Heads of School is truly remarkable and it is clear to me that the school is very lucky to have them.
It just remains for me to wish you a great Christmas break, however you and your children choose to celebrate and I look forward to seeing you all in 2024.
It has been another very busy week at Links Primary. The highlight this week was our delicious Christmas lunch created by our amazing cook Tracey and her team from Caterlink. The hall was decorated by the cheeky ‘Elf on the Shelf’ from Reception, which was covered in party streamers! It was lovely to see all the children and staff eating together, looking amazing in their Christmas jumpers and singing along to Christmas songs.
In Thursday’s assembly we were treated to a performance of Scrooge from the Performing Arts club and the school choir showcased the songs they had learnt this term. We are incredible proud of the children and the staff who helped to make this possible. It wouldn’t be Christmas without the hall blasting out our traditional school song ‘Christmas at Links’. The best surprise was Hubbub surprising the children, by jumping onto stage, mid song! There was lots of cheering and a few tears, but such a lovely Christmas surprise!
Links Values Award
This week’s Values Awards go to;
- Nursery - Enrico for his wonderful behaviour this week and his good listening.
- Rainbow - Hannah for demonstrating resilience in English.
- Sunshine - Harvey for going above and beyond with your kindness this week!
- 1EJ- Eva L for taking pride in how the classroom looks and for being very helpful.
- 1W- Raya for always trying hard in her work and for being a resilient.
- 2B- Celeste for growing in her confidence throughout the whole term.
- 2B- Cara for always working hard and for being determined to complete all her tasks.
- 2T - Lily for always trying her best in all lesson.
- 3P - Mohamed for working by learning his time times.
- 3P- Rosa for having a fantastic attitude towards her learning.
- 4M - Sarah for always being so thoughtful and kind, whilst also working so hard.
- 4T - Diana for always showing kindness to everyone.
- 5KG- Aarav for taking pride in his learning environment.
- 5M- Leo for working hard at his work station.
- 6G- Hibba for outstanding maturity, kindness and dedication, always!
- 6M - Anna for her great effort and contributions in class!
Well done for demonstrating our Links Values. We are very proud of you all!
Due to a issue with our House Points programme, we were unable to announce the final total for this half term. This will roll onto the first Monday back. Where the winning house will receive an extra long play time.
Here are this week’s attendance figures for each class.
- Rainbow - 87%
- Sunshine - 85.5%
- 1EJ - 90.5%
- 1W - 100%
- 2B - 94.4%
- 2T - 74.2%
- 3B - 86.2%
- 3P -96.7%
- 4M -97.2%
- 4T - 86.3%
- 5KG - 88%
- 5M - 83.3%
- 6G - 98.2%
- 6M - 95 %
Congratulations to 1W who achieved the highest attendance this week with 100%. Lincoln the Bear will be spending the first week back in Year 1, learning about their new topic ‘toys’.
This weeks 95% tickets go to 1W, 3P, 4M, 4T, 6G and 6M.
Today we held the 95% raffle and the winning ticket was 4M. 4M enjoyed their reward of hot chocolate and biscuits, along with dancing and a movie.
Finally, we would like to wish you all a restful break over the next couple of weeks and, to those of you who are celebrating, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We look forward to seeing you all at school on Monday 8th January 2024 at the usual time.
With very best wishes,
Natalie, Vicki and the Links Team